Sunday, August 28, 2011

Stormageddon

Irene is here, and, as of now, so am I. The pumps are pumping intermittently (save for the one I dropped into the crawlspace that has close to 4 foot of water in it – that one’s running continuously), despite me needing both hands to keep track of the number of distinct places the water is coming into the basement in faucet volume (not to mention all the seepage). Power has been up save for one drop of less than a minute.


Which reminds me – I rigged up my Android to sound an alarm in case of power loss; this prevented me and Allura from having to stand watch-and-watch last night in case of a power outage

Using Tasker, create the following profile

Context: Not Power Any

Task Alarm:

  1. Media Volume: 15
  2. Music Play Directory – select an appropriate set of music. You could use playlist, &c. I happen to have had a defined alarm task that I could recycle
  3. Popup Task Names (text Alarm, Task SnoozeAlarm, Task CancelAlarm)
    1. Task SnoozeAlarm:
      1. Music Stop, clear directory Off
      2. Notify, Title Alarm Snoozed
      3. Notify Cancel, Title Alarm Snoozed
      4. Wait, 20 minutes
      5. Perform Task Alarm
    2. Task CancelAlarm
      1. Music Stop, Clear Dir off
      2. Notify, Title Alarm Off
      3. Notify Cancel, Title Alarm Off

The Alarm Task is modified from one at lifehacker.

When the device is removed from charging power (USB or AC) it will immediately start playing the chosen music. For obvious reasons, cloud music wasn’t an option (Pandora, Google Music, &c).


That having been said, there are plenty of folks without power, or even worse off, in NJ; my prayers are with them.

1 comment:

  1. I know this is old-ish, but my family got 6 feet in the basement in morris county. Not fun. Glad I got out of there.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it civil